Friday, July 03, 2009

A trivial epiphany.

It occurred to me, two days into the ad nauseum coverage* of Michael's Jackson's death, that Michael wasn't trying to look like just any white person -- he was trying to look like the Disney Peter Pan! Did everyone but me figure this out long ago?

How did I miss this?? It's so obvious, given his known Peter Pan obsession:

1) the increasingly upturned nose that everyone assumed was a surgeon's mistake or some sort of cartilage disintegration

2) the unnaturally high and sculpted cartoon eyebrows

3) the grotesquely opened-up eyes with permanent eyeliner to make them pop out just like Peter's cartoon eyes

And he didn't have to change his eye color, because the Disney Peter Pan has brown eyes.

Whoa. I guess if thousands women can go under the knife to be Barbie, who am I to single Michael out for scorn, especially given his traumatic upbringing? It was just so difficult to look at him without laughing or crying....I hope wherever he is, he's at peace with his former face. It was a nice face. A warm face.







* I loved the dude's music, but no one deserves that much coverage -- not even a dead pope.

6 comments:

Rachie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachie said...

Agreed. It's too bad he didn't leave well enough alone back in the "Off the Wall" and "Thriller" days. He was actually quite handsome back then.

Amy said...

YOU ARE SO RIGHT! Marie, do your insights ever end?

Anonymous said...

I think his eyebrows are really the clincher in this case.
MEH

Keryn said...

As for your footnote, I agree. I'm pretty sure that the fact that 50% more watched his funeral than the INAUGURATION is one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

sharonsfriendjen said...

Poor MJ. I feel bad that his passing has now made him as famous as he ONCE was.
I never put the two together, but he was ABSOLUTELY trying to look like Peter Pan. Heck, there is the whole NEVERLAND theme park!! Poor guy, was just trying to be a kid, since he never had a childhood.